Currently Hiring Subs
The Grant Area District Library is currently seeking enthusiastic, qualified applicants for the position of Circulation Substitute.
JOB TITLE: Circulation Substitute
- Responsible for circulation of materials to patrons; both check in and check out.
- Answers the telephone in a courteous and efficient manner; responds to routine inquiries regarding the library.
- Is knowledgeable regarding library policies and procedures.
- Assist patrons with using the library and locating materials.
- Shares responsibility for building supervision; opening and closing the library following established procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Library Director.
- Ability to perform general and library clerical methods and practices.
- Ability to carry out the general rules and regulations of the library systems.
- Ability to assist with library circulation procedures.
- Ability to deal tactfully and courteously with the public.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with the general public as well as co-workers.
- Ability to assist superiors in various phases of library work.
- Ability to sort and file alphabetically and numerically.
- Ability to operate computers and other common office equipment.
- Ability to read numbers and letters rapidly and accurately.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Requires physical agility and strength to bend, reach, lift, and carry (up to 25 lbs.)
- Ability to work with moderate supervision.
- Ability to maintain composure in a stressful work situation.
- Ability to read titles on shelves and print on computer screens.
· Flexible, including at least two Saturdays per month.
· Day, evening and weekend shifts available.
Submit application in person at the circulation desk, by mail, or email:
Attn: Jessica Hunt, Director, 122 S Elder Ave, Grant Mi 49327